Sunday, April 15, 2007

Maayavi - Malayalam Movie Review

After a long time, I had watched this malayalam movie of Mammooty.

The film was only 7 reelz. I dont know malayalam and being in mumbai, still I wanted to see this movie and wanted to know why people are crazy about Mammooty.

The show was housefull. South bound movies are always housefull in Mumbai on week ends.

The film opens with jail background, and my immediate feeling was, it is an opening sign for me that i had been locked in a jail by watching this movie :-)

Our hero mammooty enters and after a tiredfull fight gives some advice to the jail inmates and immediately sings one opening song :-) with plate and spoon on his hand !

I was trying to search for a story in this movie and unfortunately i could not find one till the end :-) Lot of characters had been wasted just like that.

There are only two villains and they repeatedly get beated by our hero.. Sometimes he takes the beating and his heroism goes for a toss.

The heroine, Gobika comes like a doll, dances, cries, deciphers few dialogues and thats it. This must be a bonus movie for Gobika. Being mammooty'z heroine, she would have got hefty payments without much efforts on her part in this movie.

The only consolation part in this movie was a comedian who tickles us in few places by his comedial look.

Why dont keralite people ask Mammooty to retire atleast as a herO ! For me, he looks pretty old in this movie and his face clearly shows that.

I had taken a vow, i should write only positive things in my blog. But, I had written negative views about this movie. Atleast I could help few people by not wasting their time on this movie. I was told that this movie is a chartbuster and blockbuster in Kerala. God save keralites.

The only positive sign about this movie is, I had developed lot of patience in ME by watching this movie till the end. Which is a great achievement in this world :-)

Mammooty fanz please pardon me. I am not against him. He is such a wonderful artist. But he has been totally wasted in this film. He should choose better subjects.

PUNCHLINE: Maayavi - Meaningless V (enture)

No comments: