Friday, April 20, 2007

Malayalee - Album Review

I always try to lay my hands on any new music directorz composition be it in tamizh, telugu, hindi or malayalam.

I happened to lay my hand on this Album "Malayalee" music composed by Jakes Bejoy.

To my surprise, this CD carried some wonderful compositions sung by variety of singers.

The CD carried the following songs:

1.Malayaalee
Jakes / hariharan

2.Mazha mazha
Afsal / jain

3.Minnal azhagae
Vineeth sreenivasan / jakes / maya

4.Aaranival
Madhu balakrishnan

5.Nin pranayam
Pradeep

6.He naade
Jakes / arjun

7.Friends Forever
Vineeth sreenivasan / arjun / shaan rehman / jakes

8.Pranamam
Sung by James

Though I liked all the songs, my pick of the album is

1. malayalee

A high pitch song beautifully sung by hariharan and jakes. Jakes has good voice. I liked the way the lenghty "malayaleeee" being sung :)

2. mazha mazha

The song starts with rain in the background.. starting looked shabby, then the tune is followed by my favourit folk tune in kuthu format :) A good song for dancing.

3. minnal azhagae

The song opens with some unknown language which looks very familiar to us :-) This song I was totally confused whether this is malayalam song or tamizh song. Though some of the words of malayalam and tamizh looks similiar. This song to me looks like mixture of both thamizh and malayalam. Vineeth sreenivasan at his best. There is a bit rap portion sung by maya. Gud to hear a female rap :) and i went crazy about this song listening maximum number of times.

To conclude, this entire album is there for everybody carrying different moods in each song.

Welcome Jakes Bejoy, to the world of music :)

I recommend CD, as the CD is priced only Rs.75/-

Grab your CD now and enjoy !

PUNCHLINE - MALAYALEE - JOYFULLeee :)

No comments: